Monday, October 29, 2012

Anthropologie Review - Striped Boatneck Mini Dress

I had been dying to get my hands on this little dress since it went on sale and finally located it via charge send. I did read the reviews that said it was really short but since I'm pretty short I figured I would give it a try anyway.

Striped Boatneck Mini Dress (XS)


Let me start by saying that I love short dresses. But woah, this one is REALLY short. Like I can't bend over or lift my arms short. So basically, this is not a dress but a tunic. The colors are scrumptious. Much more vibrant than they appear on the website. 

But, the dress is literally just a hunk of rayon sewed together on the side. I was soooo disappointed in the quality. Plus, there is literally no hem to be let out if you want it to be longer, which is also ridiculous. The fact that this dress was originally sold for something like $160 is OUTRAGEOUS. It is a lovely colored sack with no room for an alteration of an obscenely short hem. Hmm...

I will be skipping this one. For about $30 I might consider it as a tunic with skinny jeans and boots but that's about it. Why can't we just have some things fall to the knee?

No comments:

Post a Comment