Thursday, March 10, 2016

J. Crew Reviews: Some lingering sale...

Ok, so these aren't new arrivals... hopefully I will be getting to those soon... But here are some sale goodies in case J Crew offers a bigger percentage off sale soon:

Cap-Sleeve Sequin Dress (size 0)
 I previously reviewed this dress in a size 2 here. Hmmm. I would definitely need Spanx (although this pic is before my new carb-free diet which has definitely helped me de-puff) and a belt. I want to like it so badly because i love sequins, I love how easy it is and I think the color is really soft and unusual for a sequin dress. But, the fit is not doing me tons of favors. Elastic waist dresses rarely do. If you are less curvy it might hang a little better on the body. I found this cute little navy one at Macy's that looks it would work a lot better on my shape. Or this one with a little vintage flair by Betsey Johnson??

Drapey Side-Slit Dress in Floral Splash (size 0)
I have a review of the solid color version of this coming up. I own the first one that came out in black but the waist ran really high on that one so I don't reach for it as much as I would like. Really would love to grab the Sherwood Green on popback. This dress is made out of a totally different material that felt very static-y and very polyester to me. It just didn't feel great on. I find the new version of this dress has more length in the torso which I like. I want to belt it and have it drape a bit.

 Skinny Stretch Cargo (size 26) in Smoked Aubergine
Why oh why the butt flaps? Seriously, I do not need large flaps advertising my rear. Besides that these are nice stretchy standard fair cargo pants in a lovely color. The rise is slightly higher than the old cargo pants (hello trouper pants I wish you would come back) and the length is just at my ankle. Very nice, just beware the butt flaps. I'm tempted to try this nice army green version from Nordstrom - there are pockets on the bum but they button!

 Slim Cargo Pant in Stretch Chino (C6228 in size 2)
I liked the top part of these a lot but I don't think I feel awesome about the elastic bands at the ankle. If these were just normal at the bottom I would definitely think about purchasing them. There is a large waist gap so I would want to try the size 0 as well. I've never tried NYDJ but these look amazing with the little zippers at the ankle.

 Boyfriend Shirt in Ridge Plaid (size 0)
I keep on getting tempted by this flannel. I love the classic colors and the size 0 fits well - roomy but not humongous. I'm trying to wean myself off flannels shirts because I have way too many of them. You can take the smaller of your two sizes/probably size down in this one. Also love their Rockport plaid and am really loving the colors in this American Eagle version.

Are you stalking any winter sale items at this point?

No comments:

Post a Comment