Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Athleta Review: Odyssey Tank and Shearling Wrap Vest

If I could be a gym rat, I would! I haven't had as much time to go to the gym this year because of my work schedule but I really look forward to those times when I can go. I always feel better and calmer after I leave, even if the class is super hard (which it usually is). I don't think I've purchased new workout clothes in years. I have 2 pairs of Athleta capris which I LOVE (one pair is this one but a colorway from a few years ago, love) and 2 tanks from Lululemon the style of which they don't carry anymore.
My main problem is that almost no one makes just straight up tanks that cover your bra. I don't wear racerbacks because they don't make a good racerback bra for my size chest. So, I found this little number on sale and decided to give it a try.

Odyssey Tank (XXS)

The material is thin so if you're wanting to cover lumps and bumps, this is not the tank for you. That being said, I think the thin material will be comfortable for working out. The bra coverage is good and I really like the low back - flattering and again good at keeping things cool. I liked this size smaller - I don't like floppy tanks, then I am always adjusting them so that my bra is not hanging out. My only qualm is that you can really see my umbilical hernia through the fabric - especially on the side view. Hmm. I have to decide if that's a deal breaker or not.
Best part of all - it's on sale for $18.99!

I also ordered these capris in the blue colorway. They are so gorgeous! They also come in a fabulous high-rise tight. And the material is super soft and thick enough. LOVE them. Especially at the sale price.

Shearling Wrap Vest (XXS/XS)


 This is totally not my style but I just had to try it on. It is super cute and cozy but I could exactly picture how and where I would wear it. I might have tried it except for the fact that there was no front closure. Things without buttons or hooks always bother me. Anyway, styled properly it would be adorable. It felt like this size was almost too small but at least it wasn't too bulky.

That's it for my athletic wear try-ons for now. Where do you like to shop for workout gear?




2 comments:

  1. I just bought those blue floral high-rise leggings/tights from Athleta! Haven't tried them out yet; of course as soon as I restock on yoga gear, I start missing my weekly class due to other conflicts :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Isn't that always the way. Let me know how they work out - I'm generally fearful of anything high-waisted since I'm short-waisted but I would love a little help keeping my tummy in!

    ReplyDelete