Monday, August 25, 2014

J. Crew Review: Military Shirtdress

I'm sort of in shock that this dress has already "sold out". Of course there are popbacks almost every day, but still... The reviews are all over the place with people saying they love it but the back fits poofy and that overall the fit is a bit snug in the shoulders. Here's my take:

Military Shirtdress (size 4)

First of all, this is one size up from what I usually take. It's hard to say if I would still need that post-preg but I did feel like this size fit quite nicely in the torso. The shoulder seams lined up with my shoulders perfectly and the top fit close to the body without being constricting. The material is sooo soft - like a sueded cotton? Love the shirttail hem - I always think that elevates a dress from simple to cute. The color is a perfect army green (the green looks more green in these photos than IRL). Also love no pockets. I know, I know. Pockets are useful but they are also dangerous. If they aren't perfect than you have a big ol' hip problem.

A close up of the button neckline. It's hard to tell but there's a grosgrain ribbon lining on the button placket which I really like. As you can see the back is not poufy at all on me but that is because my tummy is taking up about a foot of material on the front :)

Overall I really really like this dress. I think it would be easy to layer with a stripe tee, tights and booties in the fall. What do you think?



1 comment:

  1. You look so cute in it! I hope you're doing well. I liked this dress when I saw it in the catalog, but not sure about the neckline for me. Still not sure of it, but it looks great on you.Thx for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete