Sunday, November 25, 2012

Madewell Parkfield Shirtdress Review

was saving this review for a 3 shirtdress comparison review including one from Anthropologie and one from J Crew but thought it would get it up in case it pops back and someone is wondering whether or not to pull the plug. Here goes:

Madewell Parkfield Shirtdress (size XS) in Bandana Red





Note to self: when wearing with belt must slightly blouse the top of get weird butt bubble. Weirdly, I prefer this dress unbelted. I love the shorter sleeves, the shirttail hem the crisp collar. But is it too bland? I would probably wear a nice big necklace (a la Gigi from Gigi's Gone Shopping here) and booties. The question is - what to wear to winterize it? What color tights would work? And most importantly is it even flattering? When I look in the mirror I find it adorable but I'm not sure these pictures think the same. I think it's a great length and fit for work but it needs to be at least 3 seasons for me.

What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. I think it's a cute dress on you. I love the color. I'd try it with leggings, booties or tall boots, a scarf or maybe a turtleneck underneath to Winterize it. Loft ponte leggings are my favorite. They are slim fitting without feeling tight and are a nice heavy weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this! I just bought a shirtdress from Madewell in a purple color that I'm wondering if I should keep.

    I definitely think this could work with black tights and shoes, but you could also pair it with brown tights too.

    ReplyDelete