Tuesday, September 25, 2012

J Crew Reviews! New Arrivals...

It has been quite a while since I have stopped by La Crew. I do like to make a trip when things have recently arrived because it's my chance to try on the right size of things I may want to buy later. At this point, I basically refuse to pay full price, or even close to full price since there seems to be no reason to! I liked a lot of what I saw and will definitely be adding some items to my wishlist.

Perfect Shirt in Aegean Plaid (size 4)

This shirt is so cute and I LOVE the color of the blue in it. I'm not a huge fan of the puckered fabric but the upside is that it makes the fit a little slimmer and thus more flattering. This was a size 2 which is one up from my usual size and I definitely think I would take this. I think this is because of the aforementioned puckered fabric. For the less busty, you could probably take your regular size. Super cute!

Unknown Shirt (size 2) 
I find it pretty unbelievable that my local store would have anything that is not online yet but I didn't see this. It is adorable. There is pleating at the neckline which I would normally abhor but somehow it worked on this shirt. Would look lovely tucked into a pencil skirt or just like this with jeans or cords. Me surprisingly lovey.

This is a twofer because I was running out of time and wanted to try on as much as possible. More on the shirt in a moment. The skirt. Boo. It fit so oddly. It was my usual size 2 but was HUGE. I actually rechecked the size because I thought I must have grabbed a 6 or something. Plus the skirt is really long and that much pattern on a barely 5'4" lady is not good.

Put me in the yes to hen camp. Granted I love a good silk blouse and can almost never turn down something navy but still. It's really cute. Have a feeling this one will hit sale and then I will make it mine. My usual 2 felt good. 


Yeesh. This color palette is dreadful on me. I don't think I'll ever find my Jules because I just don't think it's a flattering shape on my but I wish it was. On the silk versions, I notice that the seam across the hips tends to make the fabric sort of pucker in and out giving you a funny body line. It's hard to explain but the seam goes in and then the fabric goes out under that and it makes you looks hippy. Not loving.

Oopsies. totally grabbed the wrong size. When I saw it on the rack I thought it was going to be one of those gigantically oversized things. Not so. I barely got it over my head and there is absolutely no give to the knit because it is so thick and dense. I actually loved the feel of the sweater. Reminds me of something hand knit in Ireland. And not itchy at all. But again, there is NO GIVE at all. I would at least need a XS or possibly even a S. It's busy but I love the colors. 

All in all, I like what I'm seeing. Now if only final sale would go away! Anyone else try on some of these new goodies?

4 comments:

  1. The french hen shirt looks great on you! How tall are you? Wondering abt the Jules dress..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kendra - thanks! It is really cute and feels very neutral because of the navy color. I am 5'4". I actually did not find the Jules Dress obscenely short but I like short dresses :) HTH!

      Delete
  2. Okay - you have sold me on the first shirt - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to be an enabler! I think the colors are really lovely and that is overall quite slimming. I already have many casual plaid JC shirts so I may have to pass on this one...

      Delete