Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Brooks Brothers Review: Gingham Dress Shirt

So, recently this shirt was on sale for $40-something and some change. Now it is suddenly sold out. I'm not sure what happened. Anyway, it might turn up again so here is my review :)

Gingham Dress Shirt from Brooks Brothers


I ordered both a 4 and a 6 in this one. I own one other Brooks Brothers shirt and it is a size 2 but it is VERY fitted and sometimes a bit snug after an indulgent meal. Add that fact in with my pregnancy boob and I knew I'd have to go up at least 1-2 sizes. Anyway, the fit is lovely and slim, as is mostly the case with BB shirts, and the color is much more vibrant in person. Good length. Didn't love the teensy pocket on the chest - not a great look for a large busted gal.

My favorite part is the contrast cuffs and collar - pink!!! Makes the shirt feel like something special. The material is all cotton with no stretch so also consider that if you buy one. I prefer a little stretch just to accommodate monthly fluctuations and such.

Overall, it is a well-made, nicely shaped little gingham shirt with a few fun touches.

Do you own any Brooks Brothers shirts?

2 comments:

  1. HELLO

    my name is Antonio and I'm Italian

    You are so sweety and beautiful

    I hope you like PLAID / TARTAN / GINGHAM shirts.

    I have a great passion for plaid shirts since I was little .
    Just like some collect stamps or coins I like to collect pictures of people in plaid shirts .

    So COULD YOU TAKE SOME PHOTOS FOR ME WEARING AS MANY PLAID SHIRTS POSSIBLE?

    I have a private collection of WOMEN and people in PLAID SHIRTS on this website www.FLICKR.COM I also leave you the link if you want to browse .. ok ?

    Will be fine also photos with friends, family, etc.
    The importance it's wearing PLAIDS .. ok?



    PICTURES will never be published except for your ASKING

    That's the link below in wich you could see some photos related of my passion of PLAID:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/36248663 @ N00 /


    ANY way , thanks

    I hope that I have not caused any discomfort or inconvenience

    thank you very much

    my mail is:

    antonio.drum@email.it

    This is my job :

    http://www.GoHerbalife.com/antonioformula1/en-US

    if you like , JOIN TO MY HERBALIFE TEAM

    ASM ME HOW !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shirt, I found the same on this site Originalluxury

    ReplyDelete