Sunday, December 8, 2013

J. Crew Review: Holiday Sweater, Colorblock Funnelneck Coat, Gold-Stripe Dress and more

Only 2 1/2 weeks until the school is out! Yippee! It was hard going back to work after Thanksgiving, such a warm cozy holiday, but I have been comforted by the fact that I only have 2 more weeks of work and then I'm off again. I'm glad I got some of my holiday shopping done early because Xmas is on its way and I don't have a lot of time to gather the ol' gifts. Of course, I still accidentally found myself going to J Crew to look at a few things. Better to preview now becore final sale kicks back in!

Vintage Holiday Sweater (XS)
 I'm not really into the "holiday" sweater thing but this is basically cute. i like the shape of the sweater and the soft material. Not loving the placement of the deer - it's a bit too wide for me and I think it visually adds some girth to your top section. If you are looking for something cute and holiday without being too kitschy - this is cute!

 Gold-Stripe Dress (size 2)
 This seems to be the shape of the season - quite fitted on top and voluminous on the bottom. I tried on a dress similar to this from Anthropologie here. I like the way the top fits - it's very flattering. The skirt, however, is a bit too poufy for me. I love the gold thread and the over all simplicity but I feel thick through the waist and too poufy in the bottom.

 Toothpick Cord (size 27) in Cabernet
 I adore this color. I always size up in the toothpicks because I don't want them to be skin-tight and although these are snug I think they would relax perfectly after a few wears. Definitely wishlisted.

 Colorblock Funnelneck Coat (size 2)
 This was one of the few items I was really drawn to in the catalogue. It is super cute. The colorblocking is done in a way that truly flatters the body. The "skirt" portion in particular is great - nice dark color, straight lines, nice length. This coat is adorable and if I actually needed a coat I would be asking for it. I do love the funnelneck as well - cozy and cool.

 Trying to strike a casual pose. Imagining myself looking chic and fabulous ;)

Stretch Wool Motorcycle Jacket (size 2)
 Not great. Fits well zippered but looks funny open. I think the Boucle version of this jacket is much cuter. Doesn't really look that "moto" to me.

More reviews to come. Are you taking advantage of the current promotion?

No comments:

Post a Comment